DARK PLASTIC ARTICLES ARE FINALLY SORTABLE & RECYCLABLE
Black and dark plastics place the highest demands on the separation of plastics recycling.
The widely used NIR sensor technology evaluates the near-infrared spectrum reflected by the plastic article. Each type of plastic has a characteristic spectrum and can be identified, sorted and finally recycled.
So far, black and dark coloured plastics have had a major problem: the carbon used for darkening plastics absorbs a large part of the radiation in the visible and in the infrared wavelength range. Therefore, it has not been possible to obtain a sufficient signal from black and dark-colored plastics so far, and consequently it was not possible to differentiate and sort them into plastic types.
NIR DETECTABLE MASTERBATCH
RAW MATERIAL WITH STRONG BENEFITS FOR THE RECYCLING OF PLASTIC ARTICLES
- masterbatch for carbon-free black and dark coloured plastic products that can be recycled and reused
- makes plastic articles detectable on NIR detectors
- suitable for all processing methods (injection, blow moulding, compression, extrusion)
- no decrease of technical properties
- enables laser markable final articles
- suitable for food approved plastic products
- produced under ISO 9001, 14000, 22000, 13485